30 April 2015

Clottey Promises World Title

http://ift.tt/1EsIJU3

Joshua Clottey

Former World Champion Joshua Clottey says he has more up his sleeves and does not intend to quit boxing any time soon.

The hard hitting boxer, since his last sterling performance against Anthony Mundine in Australia in 2014, has been on a low profile.

But he hinted that he was working on the quiet to rule the world again before he finally hangs his gloves.

He was among the tall list of boxing greats who witnessed the Emmanuel Tagoe-Joebert Delos Reyes WBA clash last Friday in Accra.

And when he mounted the ring in response to his acknowledgement, he said, “I am not finished with boxing yet. When I am tired, I will let Ghanaians know. I am currently preparing seriously for an upcoming bout.

“It is a non-title fight but by virtue of the fact that it will inch me closer to yet another World title shot is enough motivation. I am in good shape to rule again. I will become a World Champion again before I retire,” the ex- IBF Welterweight champion promised.

Clottey is expected to fly to the US soon for the up-coming fight against a yet-to-be named opponent.

By Kofi Owusu Aduonum

 


Via: -Daily Guide  

No comments:

Post a Comment